Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Trials of Quinnder (or how I tried to find love on Tinder) - Taboo Tuesday #17

I'm sure it comes as a surprise to no one, but it's a proven fact that uh -- God, what was it -- oh yeah, everyone wants to have sex with me and/or date me.


Exhibit A.

(Two Hot Topics and one Good Charlotte were hurt in the making of this photo.)

It was thus a shock relatively recently when I attempted to woo a gentleman and came to realize that I liked him more than he liked me. 

Rejection was, to say the least, mildly irritating. It was, to say the most, mildly earth-shattering. 

I have since learned that in my darkest hours I have a proclivity to drive to the nearest grocery store(s) and buy as many Lunchables as those establishments are morally willing to sell an individual.


I think the woman ringing me up probably just carded me because she was worried I was running a Capri Sun-into-Meth lab.
As I tore through about, oh, several dozen too many miniature Airheads and accidentally lost several more pizza sauce spreaders to my endless maw, I decided I had to do something that would not only make me feel better, but also wouldn't give me marinara/plastic spreader diarrhea. 

Now, if you are any one of my three friends (which, if you're reading this, there's a 60% chance that you are), I have probably offered you unsolicited dating advice post-breakup. 

That dating advice was to have casual sex.

You're welcome.
I don't know why, but I have always seen casual sex as a cure-all of sorts for those pesky things the human folk call 'feelings'. 

Unfortunately, despite several attempts -- I have never actually succeeded in having casual sex.

 I don't know why it is, but the tragic truth is that I can only seem to have fancy sex.

Because I'm fucking classy.  Hell, even my diarrhea comes with its own individual spreaders.

Exhibit B --
Genuinely the first condom I had sex with.


But, as I stared at my swollen-eyed, cheesy foreheaded reflection in my vibrator/soulmate, I realized: no, Quinn. You pick yourself up and you have casual sex. You can do this.

So I did what any self-respecting adult does. I downloaded Tinder.

"Oh here Rock, meet Bottom."
At first, I tried to take the whole thing seriously. I really, really did you guys. I picked out pictures, had all these high hopes about moving on and being a cool sexy adult

... but then I saw the other humans on Tinder.

"I wear pants." - A Normal Guy

Trying to make the best of this increasingly good decision, I scanned other people's bios to get an idea of what to put in mine. I quickly realized that there are only three things people on Tinder care about:

1) Height.

2) Weight.

3) Willingness to suck dick and zero threat of love.

So I figured, hey, better give 'em what they want. 


After a job well done I thought -- okay.  I'm going to find casual sex come hell or high water. 

I will take this seriously.

THEN I conveniently swiped onto a gentleman named Dragan.


Now, I'm not sure if there is a God -- but in this moment I told myself that if Dragan and I matched, that there absolutely was a higher power and he/she wanted me to do something very special.

Your move, atheists.






And then the most amazing thing happened.




He still wanted me to suck his dick.

Suddenly a whole world of opportunities was open to me -- a world where I could tell men anything and they still might want to put their meat batons in me.

So I made jokes for myself.


RIP Mom, ya naggy dead lady.
That didn't get me unmatched, it got me a "No judgement! lololol So what do you do?"

I had to try again with this dead mom thing. I couldn't believe it.



It worked! He still liked my vagina! But I wasn't testing these guys, these poon experts if you will, as thoroughly as I should have been. 

First I wanted to see if they liked my description. 




The answer is no, they did not like my description. Or they didn't understand it.



Or they didn't read it.



Great, I learned I could be whoever I wanted here, because what I said was of no consequence. No, I realized it was more about what they were saying that was important. I had to learn from them and their clever bios.




Beyond even those bios though, they all had sweet pick-up lines that I wasn't appreciating. 






My favorite are the Tinder boys who have a whole script going and cannot be deviated from it. Shows their dedication. 




God. These men seem so perfect. What could I possibly offer them? Maybe a bit of knowledge -- like what an aphid is.



Or even broaden their horizons when they seem to be close minded.


Then I'll admit, I went a bit power hungry. I became an asshole and physically could not stop myself from being an asshole. Mom was right.

His response: "Weeeeaooohhawwooo!!! Haha! Me too!"


His response: "What's a wereowl?"



His response: "It's okay."



My response:

Sparky is not impressed.


"Hey Quinn, Nickelodeon circa the late-90s called, they want their joke back."

Well too fucking bad.

I was thankfully humbled by a gentleman who was either being honest about only kind of being attracted to my stunning pictures, or who might have been negging me.




Then I was reminded of my own past.



I'm basically a mind reader.



And finally that, what the hell, maybe this is all an illusion.




Ultimately all these kind men were DTF regardless of the clear insanity that is Tinder and/or me.


Only one unmatched me.




It started on Friday, innocently. Too innocently. And okay... so I didn't respond.This man was not pleased when I clearly overlooked his Majesty. (Which is only what I can assume he's nicknamed his dick -- presumably his balls are "Purple" and "Mountain".)






So I had to try to win him back.




But it was no use.



My true love left me. 

To try to get my confidence back, I swiped right on someone with standards I desperately hoped, as I ate my twenty-somethingieth Lunchable, I did not meet.





And that was the end.



After my experience on Tinder I realized -- hey, maybe feelings aren't so bad to just have.


Something I learned from my new favorite movie starring Phyllis from The Office.

In fact, they're probably better to have than, say, herpes. 

I have also learned that it really does not take much to turn me into an asshole, one too many knock knock jokes and I will tear those poor film school boys to shreds.




Happy swiping, folks. Look out for murderers.





4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE HILARIOUS AND YOUR RESPONSES ARE PERFECT. (Sorry, I didn't think there was enough "all caps" in this post.) My sister has had some interesting Tinder moments as well, and the stories make me laugh and cry like no film school graduate-made movie ever could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If half the women I talked to on Tinder had even a dream of thinking of typing back half the things you said, I wouldn't have to have Tinder on my phone. Thanks for the read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your messages are anything like that comment, I think your messages don't get responses because they're bad.

      For example, ..."had even a dream of thinking of typing back"... The most boring person in the world would dream about doing something as mundane as sending a text message.

      You're suggesting that no one on tinder would dream about, THINKING ABOUT, messaging you a funny message? And that's just part of the first clause.


      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete